Analysis of Louis Feuillade’s 1915 silent French crime serial, plus ten pieces of weird fiction, published by Electric Dreamhouse Press, Oct 2018.
I’ve written lots of articles and guest posts related to my books, but here are a few that stand alone:
- The Long Shadow of the Triffids, Angel Wings and Petticoats, May 2019
- Top 10 doubles in film, Rising Shadow, May 2019
- The Wolves in the Walls – short piece for Neil Gaiman supplement, SFX Magazine, Apr 2019
- Music for writers – Scattershot Writing, May 2018
- So there are these giant alien slugs: The ‘elevator pitch’ as a marketing tool – Sci-Fi Bulletin, Nov 2017
- Childhood fears: Jason and the Argonauts – Ginger Nuts of Horror, Oct 2017
- Books that matter: The Day of the Triffids – Ginger Nuts of Horror, Sep 2016
- What horror writers talk about when they talk about love – Scattershot Writing, May 2016
- Martian canals and borrowed ideas in science fiction – Hodderscape, Sep 2015
I delivered an academic conference paper, Aspects of the Gothic and the Uncanny in Les Vampires (1915–16) at the Tales of Terror conference on Gothic, horror and weird short fiction at the University of Warwick (21-22 March 2019).